From November 1st, there will be free transfers in the arrival zone for bus passengers traveling across the borders between Brakar, Østfold Kollektivtrafikk (ØKT), and Ruter’s areas. This is the first step towards a more seamless public transportation service in Viken.
We are now making everyday life a bit easier for commuters. It has long been a clear goal for Viken to make the travel experience more seamless for passengers. With this initiative, it will be easier to choose public transportation as passengers no longer have to purchase two tickets if they continue within the zone where they disembark after taking one of bus routes crossing county borders” said Olav Skinnes, County Councilor for Transportation in Viken.
This means that bus passengers travelling from Buskerud and Østfold to Oslo and Akershus will be able to continue their journey with buses, trams, or the metro within Ruter’s zone without purchasing an extra ticket from Ruter. The same applies to Ruter’s routes entering Buskerud and Østfold. Free transfers apply only within the transfer zone, but they will be valid regardless of whether the journey starts or ends there.
– We have around 750,000 journeys on our bus routes to/from Oslo and Akershus every year. All of these travelers will now have a cheaper and simpler journey, says Terje Sundfjord, CEO at Brakar. – This is a measure we have been working on for a long time, and we are very pleased to finally have it in place, he adds.
Free transfers are availble on the following routes:
- Brakar route 71 Drammen-Asker
- Brakar route 169 Lierbyen-Oslo
- Brakar route 200 Hønefoss-Oslo
- ØKT route 9 Mysen-Askim-Oslo.
- Ruter route 540 Vestby-Moss
- Ruter route 490 Lillestrøm-Trøgstad
Free transfers will apply to travelers with valid single tickets or season tickets. The transfer is valid for tickets purchased through the app, on travel cards (with a receipt), or from the driver. The duration of the ticket will remain the same as before.
Due to differences in business rules, Brakar’s youth ticket will not be valid for transfers in Oslo/Akershus. However, the season ticket for youth on route 200 Hønefoss-Oslo will be valid for transfers.
Free transfers will not be valid for trains at the moment. A train agreement with the Norwegian Railway Directorate depends on political deliberation in Buskerud County Municipality, and the matter will be presented in connection with the consideration of the annual budget for 2024 and the financial plan for 2024-27.