When you rent a Brakar City Bike, we process your personal data. Here you can learn what type of data we collect, how we use your personal information, and what rights you have.
At Brakar Electric City Bikes, we want to give our customers the opportunity to rent an electric bike using our Brakar Ticket app.
We process different types of data through our electric city bike service, so you can access a bike with a valid ticket. To prevent our electric city bikes from being misused, we register the data we need so that the correct customers can be contacted in the event of damage, theft or non-payment. Data from electric city bikes is also used to develop and improve our services.
When you rent a Brakar Electric City Bike using the Brakar Ticket app, we process the following personal data:
- User profile, including phone number and number of completed bike trips
- Information on valid tickets
- Information required for completing payments
- Information on the collection and delivery of bikes
- Information on reported damage to bikes
- Information on status, including position, for all bikes and bike racks
The legal basis for the bulk of the data processing mentioned above is the necessity to fulfil our contractual obligation to you on the use of the Electric City Bike scheme (see General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), 6.1(b). In order to use the service, you must accept the terms and conditions and provide your phone number in the Brakar app.
We will not disclose your personal data to a third party unless required to do so by public authorities.
We rely on some information about you as a customer in order to provide the electric city bike service. If you do not provide such information, we cannot offer you this service.
If you remove your phone number from our ticket app, it will be deleted from Brakar’s servers within 14 days. Continued storage of your personal data may be necessary in order to:
- Establish, assert or defend legal claims, also to protect Brakar’s interests in a potential dispute with you, e.g. about a lost or damaged bike, and
- To meet statutory requirements, including the requirement for continued storage in accordance with the Norwegian Accounting Act
You must provide access to your location in the ticket app to unlock a city bike. The position of your phone is processed when the app is active. This is to determine whether you are near a charging station. The location data from your phone is not stored in Brakar’s system.